The wonder natural product from earth
Latex are the core component of every latex disposable gloves as well as core of many other life driven products. Rubber tree are the main source of all latex as well as block rubber and sheet rubber for tyre industry. These wonderful natural trees are help to protect us as well as driven the world forward.
Rubber tree are mainly grown in 3 countries including Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam where Thailand is the world’s largest rubber plantation and producer.
Rubber tree breeding
To ensure the best quality latex for our Touch Of Life products. We breed the best clone for our plantations.
- Clone selecting
- Taking care in nursery area
To maximize the tree, we evaluate every aspect of plantation land.
- Selection of Land based on Soil, climate, and geographical conditions.
- Land clearing
- Soil condition and nutrition adjustment
Rubber tree cultivation
We manage every stage of rubber plantation from day 1 to maturity like handling a new born baby.
- Making of planting pit
- Add fertilizer in the pit for the better root propagation of young plant
- Remove coiled root of nursery plant, if any available
- Plant 2 whirl plants from the nursery in the pit after removing the polybag.
- Cover with Soil and firm up
- Carry out irrigation if required based on the weather condition
- Provide fertilizer based on the soil / leaf nutrition status
- Manage plantation covering all aspects of agronomy throughout the life cycle of the tree.
After 6years, rubber trees are now ready to be harvested. Tapping of rubber trees is a highly skillful operation and we do it with at most care to ensure maximum yield and quality throughout the commercial life span of the rubber trees.
- Make tapping line at 30 Degree angle at a height of 1.5 meter from the ground level.
- Install spout 30 cm below the tapping line to guide the latex to the cup
- Fix plastic cups to collect latex, 10 cm below the spout.
- Tapping carries out at mid night/early morning
- Collection of latex starts once the dripping stops completely
- Immediately after collection, latex send to factory for processing. (If require Ammonia use as preservative)
Type of popular Rubber Clones In Thailand.
Hevea Brasiliensis RRIM 600 (rubber research institute of Malaysia 600) is the most common rubber tree clone found in Thailand. It is mainly use for producing Cup Lump which is the core of TSR. This type of clone are easily infected with Phytophthora, Powdery mildew and Oidium.
Hevea Brasiliensis RRIT 251 (rubber research institute of Thailand 251) is a developed clone which give more yield than RRIT 600 by 60%. This type of clone have more rubber sap, more resistant to diseases and produce better latex specification suitable for quality dipped products. It performs well in high rain fall and humid areas.
Hevea Brasiliensis RRIM 2000 Series is a rubber tree clone that engineer to grow faster, give out high latex yield and resistant to Phytophthora infection. However this type of clone are only grow well in south of Thailand as it need wet and warm climate.
Find out more about natural rubber visit Sri Trang group. (www.sritranggroup.com)